On October 18, 2017, the Court granted Final Approval to the Settlement. Paper claim forms are available if you would like to submit a claim through the mail. If you would like to submit your claim online through this website, online claim submission will be available soon. Although Class Members can now submit claims for benefits under the settlement, please be aware that claims will not be processed or paid, and no arbitrations will take place, until the Effective Date.
Please be advised that an appeal of the Court's Final Approval of the Settlement has been filed. The Effective Date cannot occur until the appeal has been resolved, which could take more than a year. Please check this website frequently for updates.
To learn more about the benefits created by the Settlement, please review the FAQ section on this website and the summaries below:
1. Software Flash. You may be eligible for a cash payment of $50 for each Software Flash (see FAQ 17). Eligibility begins with the third Software Flash, and you may claim up to $600 for all Software Flashes performed on your Vehicle. Click here to download a claim form for first request for cash payments for software flashes. Click here to download a software flash claim form for additional service visits. To submit a claim form online click here.
2. Transmission Hardware Replacement. You may be eligible for cash payments or vehicle discount certificates of increasing value for each Transmission Hardware Replacement (see FAQ 12). Eligibility begins with the third Transmission Hardware Replacement, and you may claim up to $2,325 in cash or $4,650 in certificates for all Transmission Hardware Replacements (see FAQ 13). Click here to download a claim form for first request for cash payments/vehicle discount certificates for transmission hardware replacements. Click here to download a transmission hardware replacement claim form for additional service visits. To submit a claim form online click here.
3. Repurchase/Replacement. You may be eligible for the repurchase or replacement of your car by Ford (see FAQ 27). Claims for this benefit will be resolved by a third-party arbitrator who will apply your state’s lemon law or the default remedy created by the Settlement (see FAQ 33). Ford will cover the costs of the arbitration. Before your claim can be processed, you must give Ford notice of your intent to pursue a repurchase, and Ford will have 10 days to try to resolve your claim before arbitration begins. Other restrictions may apply (see FAQs 28-33). Click here or call 1-888-260-4563 to provide notice to Ford of your intent to pursue arbitration for a vehicle repurchase/replacement. To submit a claim form online click here.
4. Benefits for Breach of Warranty Claims. You may be eligible for compensation for transmission- related repairs that should have been covered by warranty (breach of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or its extensions), including reimbursement, a complementary repair and/or an extension of warranty. Such claims will be subject to Arbitration (see FAQs 41-44). Click here or call 1-888-260-4563 to provide notice to Ford of your intent to pursue arbitration for a breach of warranty claim. To submit a claim form online click here.
5. Replacement Clutch for Certain Vehicles. You may be eligible for reimbursement of costs you paid related to multiple clutch replacements (see FAQs 45-46). Click here to download a claim form for reimbursement for clutch replacement. To submit a claim form online click here.
You will be asked to provide repair orders or other documentary proof of repairs along with your claims. Please consult the FAQ for more information about these benefits, including applicable requirements and limitations.