Please be advised that the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals vacated and remanded the final approval of the Settlement, sending it back to the district court to provide further details in its order evaluating the Settlement. This means the Settlement's Final Approval has been set aside. Current and former owners or lessees of Class Vehicles are still able to submit claims for benefits under the Settlement, but please be aware that claims will not be processed or paid until there is a new Effective Date, which will not occur until the Settlement again receives final approval from the district court and all further appeals have been exhausted. We do not have a timeframe for how long this may take. Please check this website frequently for updates.
Even though the appeal remains pending, in an effort to provide class members with an option to have their claims resolved sooner, Ford and Class Counsel have reached an agreement to offer a Voluntary Arbitration process under the current Settlement guidelines (this relates only to items 3 and 4 below). As the consumer, you have the option to pursue the Voluntary Arbitration or wait until the appeal is complete to move forward with arbitration. Should you have questions or concerns, please reach out to CAP-Motors, or a local attorney or the class attorneys, Capstone Law APC, at 855-310-9583 should you have more specific questions.
To learn more about the benefits created by the Settlement, please review the FAQ section on this website and the summaries below:
1. Software Flash. You may be eligible for a cash payment of $50 for each Software Flash (see FAQ 17). Eligibility begins with the third Software Flash, and you may claim up to $600 for all Software Flashes performed on your Vehicle. Click here to download a claim form for first request for cash payments for software flashes. Click here to download a software flash claim form for additional service visits. To submit a claim form online click here.
2. Transmission Hardware Replacement. You may be eligible for cash payments or vehicle discount certificates of increasing value for each Transmission Hardware Replacement (see FAQ 12). Eligibility begins with the third Transmission Hardware Replacement, and you may claim up to $2,325 in cash or $4,650 in certificates for all Transmission Hardware Replacements (see FAQ 13). Click here to download a claim form for first request for cash payments/vehicle discount certificates for transmission hardware replacements. Click here to download a transmission hardware replacement claim form for additional service visits. To submit a claim form online click here.
3. Repurchase/Replacement. You may be eligible for the repurchase or replacement of your car by Ford (see FAQ 27). Claims for this benefit will be resolved by a third-party arbitrator who will apply your state’s lemon law or other rules created by the Settlement (see FAQ 33). Ford will cover the costs of the arbitration. Before you can submit a claim for arbitration, you must give Ford notice of your intent to pursue it through arbitration. Ford will have 10 days to try to resolve your claim before you can submit it to the Arbitration Administrator at www.consumerarbitrationprogram.com. Other restrictions may apply (see FAQs 28-33). Click here or call 1-888-260-4563 to provide notice to Ford of your intent to pursue through arbitration a claim for a vehicle repurchase/replacement. Please do not submit your claim for repurchase/replacement to the Arbitration Administrator, at www.consumerarbitrationprogram.com, until ten (10) days after you provide notice directly to Ford.
4. Benefits for Breach of Warranty Claims. You may be eligible for compensation for transmission - related repairs that should have been covered by warranty (breach of the New Vehicle Limited Warranty or its extensions), including reimbursement, a complementary repair and/or a complementary service plan. Such claims will be subject to Arbitration (see FAQs 41-44). Before you can submit a claim for arbitration, you must give Ford notice of your intent to pursue it through arbitration. Ford will have 10 days to try to resolve your claim before you can submit it to the Arbitration Administrator at www.consumerarbitrationprogram.com. Click here or call 1-888-260-4563 to provide notice to Ford of your intent to pursue through arbitration a claim for a breach of warranty. Please do not submit your claim for breach of warranty to the Arbitration Administrator, at www.consumerarbitrationprogram.com, until ten (10) days after you provide notice directly to Ford.
5. Replacement Clutch for Certain Vehicles. You may be eligible for reimbursement of costs you paid related to multiple clutch replacements (see FAQs 45-46). Click hereto download a claim form for reimbursement for clutch replacement. To submit a claim form online click here.
You will be asked to provide repair orders or other documentary proof of repairs along with your claims. Please consult the FAQ for more information about these benefits, including applicable requirements and limitations.